The L.I.F.E. Program® is a FREE 18 week program that teaches practical step-by-step guidance in a fun interactive environment as you create and implement health plans for long-term thriving with HIV.
This program can help you…
• Build deeper, supportive relationships with new HIV+ friends!
• Get the latest facts on HIV!
• Improve your physical, emotional and social well being!
• Share your story while you learn from others!
Participation in the LIFE Program…
• Boosts the immune system
• Lowers risky behavior
• Increases adherence to health and medication schedules.
Cofactors in the L.I.F.E. Program® include:
- Primary health care – Develop open communication and collaborative relationship with medical professionals
- Body care – Develop good breathing, eating, exercise, sleep and water intake habits
- Toxins and germs – Develop honest awareness of your exposure to toxins and germs, including drug use
- Health routines – Overcome obstacles to adhering to your personal medical and body care routines
- Coping skills – Develop strategies for adapting to sudden or distressing life changes
- Grief and depression – Develop ways to express what you feel and to seek support.
- Self-assertiveness – Say “yes” to things you want and “no” to the things you don’t want.
- Sustained survival stress – Manage stress, develop coping skills and learn to relax better.
- Beliefs about disease progression – Develop awareness of your deep beliefs; develop realistic hope
- Trusted support and self-disclosure – Reduce stress through open, honest communications with others
- Safe behavior – Avoid activities that could expose you or your partners to illness
- Life goals – Establish realistic short and long-term goals regarding your life purpose
- Altruism and spirituality – Act on your concern for the well being of others; engage in spirituality
Offered twice a year.
MEETINGS ON TUESDAYS @ 6:30 p.m.
The L.I.F.E. Program
The Pride Center at Equality Park
2040 N. Dixie Hwy
Wilton Manors, FL 33305