Bruce Williams, Senior Services Coordinator, oversees seniors activities at the Pride Center. Senior activities include:
- COFFEE & CONVERSATION: Coffee, doughnuts, other goodies and lots of great conversation. Every Tuesday – 10am –12pm in Bldg A.
- GAMES DAYS & SPEAKERS SERIES: Our Game Days are held in the main hall of The Schubert Building and begin following the completion of the morning Coffee & Conversation programming when there are no events planned as part of our Speaker’s Series. The Speaker’s Series offers a variety of programs including movies, live theater productions and informative presentations which are announced in our bi-weekly Seniors’ Calendar.
- ENHANCE FITNESS PROGRAM: The Pride Center’s Bob Gunning and John Hamwey in conjunction with The YMCA of Broward County offers classes in Building B as follows:
Class One – Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:10 am
Class Two – Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 11:15 am;
Class Three – Monday at 1:30 pm, Tuesday at 10:15 am & Thursday at 10:15 am
- SUPPORT GROUP FOR GAY MEN: a welcoming group conducted by Fred Berger, discusses personal issues in a supportive & confidential environment every Monday at 11:15am in Bldg A.
- SAGE MEN’S DROP-IN: meets every Wednesday from 1 – 3pm in Bldg A. Attendees discuss issues, exchange information and share experiences in an atmosphere of humor, support and friendship.
- SAGE COMPUTER CLUB: Ken Goodman offers information, answers questions and discusses technology issues for attendees with all degrees of computer competence. Every Wednesday @ 4pm in Bldg A.
- MAHJONG: All welcome… the ‘pros’ help the beginners to learn during games every Wednesday from 1pm in Bldg A.
- GAY BRIDGE: Ted Schultz hosts Chicago Style Bridge on Mondays & Wednesdays from 1pm-4pm in Bldg A.
- PINOCHLE & HEARTS: Ted Verdone and group welcome players of all levels every Sunday from 12-4pm in Bldg A.
- BALLET/OPERA: Second and fourth Sundays respectively @ 1pm hosted by Dominick Bisignano. Bldg A
- PRIME TIMERS: Henry Penas chairs the meeting and a pot luck dinner the first Sunday of each month at 2:00 pm in Bldg A.
- SAGE MOVIE: Mark Flanagan offers screenings of movies of interest to our LGBT community – the third Monday of each month at 4:15 pm
- AARP DRIVERS COURSE: 2016 schedule – September 22nd and December 15th from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm in room 204 of The Schubert Building;
- SENIOR HEALTH EXPO: October 22, 2016 from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm in The Schubert Building. A sell-out event featuring over 60 vendors, free coffee & goodies, free lunch, LOTS great prizes and a crowd of over 600 LGBT attendees! If you are interested in renting a table or becoming an expo sponsor, please go to: Senior Health Expo 2016
- SAGEWorks: NEED A JOB? NEED A BETTER JOB? A program designed to enable LGBT individuals age 40 and over to remain productive, vital and contributing members of our nation’s workforce. Offerings include areas of work-search strategies , technology, training and employment resources. Events occur throughout the year as a collaboration between The Pride Center, SAGEUSA, SAGE of South Florida, AARP with funding by The Walmart Foundation. If you are looking for a new or better job, be sure to check out the listings on our Job Board located opposite room 226 in The Schubert Building.For further information contact Bruce Williams as noted below
If you have suggestions for programs or need additional assistance, please contact:
954-463-9005 ext. 109