Bruce Williams, Senior Services Coordinator, oversees seniors activities at the Pride Center. Senior activities include:
- COFFEE & CONVERSATION: Coffee, doughnuts, other goodies and lots of great conversation. Every Tuesday – 10am –12pm in Bldg A.
- GAMES DAYS & SPEAKERS SERIES: Our Game Days are held in the main hall of The Schubert Building and begin following the completion of the morning Coffee & Conversation programming when there are no events planned as part of our Speaker’s Series. The Speaker’s Series offers a variety of programs including movies, live theater productions and informative presentations which are announced in our bi-weekly Seniors’ Calendar.
- ENHANCE FITNESS PROGRAM: The Pride Center’s Bob Gunning and John Hamwey in conjunction with The YMCA of Broward County offers classes in Building B as follows:Class One – Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:10 amClass Two – Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 11:15 am; Class Three – Monday at 1:30 pm, Tuesday at 10:15 am & Thursday at 10:15 am
- SUPPORT GROUP FOR GAY MEN: a welcoming group conducted by Fred Berger, discusses personal issues in a supportive & confidential environment every Monday at 11:15am in Bldg A.
- MAHJONG: All welcome… the ‘pros’ help the beginners to learn during games every Wednesday from 1pm in Bldg A.
- GAY BRIDGE: Ted Schultz hosts Chicago Style Bridge on Mondays & Wednesdays from 1pm-4pm in Bldg A.
- PINOCHLE & HEARTS: Ted Verdone and group welcome players of all levels every Sunday from 12-4pm in Bldg A.
- BALLET/OPERA: Second and fourth Sundays respectively @ 1pm hosted by Dominick Bisignano. Bldg A
- PRIME TIMERS: Henry Penas chairs the meeting and a pot luck dinner the first Sunday of each month at 2:00 pm in Bldg A.
- AARP DRIVERS COURSE: 2017 schedule – July 20th and November 9th from 10:30 am – 4:00 pm in room 204 of The Schubert Building;
- BOOMER/SENIOR HEALTH EXPO: October 21, 2017 from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm in The Schubert Building. A sell-out event featuring over 60 vendors, free coffee & goodies, free lunch, LOTS great prizes and a crowd of over 600 LGBT attendees! If you are interested in renting a table or becoming an expo sponsor, please go to: Senior Health Expo 2017
If you have suggestions for programs or need additional assistance, please contact:
954-463-9005 ext. 109